Sunday 23 August 2009



"Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words.
Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life
With his words..."

We've all had those moments where a song appears to be threaded,
stitched right up against your heart,
in that it's able to describe that particular feeling so well
that it seems the frequency in which your heart beats to
have formed the song.

Killing Me Softly is as beautiful as a song could get;
it's timeless - it still makes my heart melt everytime I hear it.
More touching still, when I found out today that it was
actually written about Bob Dylan.

--

As these days of non-communication pass me by,
I turn my focus onto the wooden soundbox,
practicing,
perfecting the timbre that shakes off in response to the impacted strings.
I hope, by the time I leave home, I'll have a handful of old songs I could take with me,
to everywhere I go.
So many that I could pick up a guitar anytime and any place,
and be able to voice out what I feel using songs from the past.

B.

No comments: