Friday 11 September 2009

5 days.

"In an instant,
You are gone and I am scared..."

It's hitting closer,
the whole thing about starting a new page in life.
I've had to say goodbye to half of my family tonight,
and it was most awkward,
for the concept of having to leave behind anything at all is just so new,
so foreign that it might eventually be categorised as a fear.

As for you, I don't know.
I've never really had you,
but yet this non existant baggage,
having to admit it's non-existence,
is similar to asking a child to forget and tuck away his imaginary friend.
It's all about getting used to;
so while I'm used to the idea of having you around,
I will, eventually get around to, not having you around.
Eventually.

You realise that hope is as minimal as the last grains of sand
slipping through the neck of the hourglass,
that's because the thing that's scarce at hand right now,
is precisely
Time.

B.

No comments: