Sunday 18 October 2009

"Girl stood on the rocks with the water at her feet
the sun on her skin and a tear on her cheek
With her hand on her chest and the wind in her hair
Underneath her breath like a beggar's prayer she said

I miss you, come back to me
I wish you'd come back to me

But nobody heard
And the world turned and the world turned and the world turned"

Beautiful song.
It's scary how it relates so closely to my current situation.
I don't normally listen closely to the lyrics, not everytime I hear an unfamiliar song.
And then through chance encounter, because a line or two suits my mood,
I'll relapse that song over and over again, and with each listen, pick up more details.
And grow to love/hate that song because it describes me so well.
Do you get that?

--

Our weekend's come and gone by much much much too quickly.
From preparing for Nicky's arrival, to picking her up at the station, to lounging about last night...
then finally sending her off at the train.
SIGH SIGH SIGH,
Will miss you, best bud!

x

B.

No comments: