Saturday 29 March 2008

Hello, gorgeous!

'Heck yeah, I'm back to Hong Kong, babyyy,
and I'm so darn glad I am, 'cause I'm quite exhausted from the trip,
both mentally and physically.

Whitechapel Gallery, London

Brick Lane, London

Installment at the Tate Modern Museum's Turbine Hall, London

On the Millennium Bridge overlooking St.Paul's cathedral, London.

A random interconnection between two buildings, Embankment, London.

At the infamous fountain of Eros at Picadilly Circus, London

But don't take it wrong, I'm not yearning and complaining, its just that I've had enough of visiting museums day after day, studying the aesthetics of the works of the great masters...while they were visually [very] impressive, its tiring having to take in all the load of information at once, for 8 continuous days.

However, I think I've grabbed myself experiences I'll never forget; some of which are comprised of new found knowledge and some are for the sake of lifetime experiences. I'll keep them to myself i guess ;)

I know I deserve a big-yawn for this, but I have to say, I cannot appreciate Hong Kong more than ever upon my return from this 10-day trip. Its true, you never appreciate something until you lose 'em, the reason being;
I cannot stand how expensive the materials are in Europe, especially in Paris. I don't think the underground services are anywhere near being as efficient as those in Hong Kong. Houses? No thanks, I'd like to stay in a city scape area just 10 minutes away from the city's central district, not 10 hours. Staying in a suburb area could make you a targeted victim of the most gruesome crimes on the planet.

Throughout the past week...I've had the most expensive Mc Donald's meal in my lifetime (6.55 Euros for a salad meal? The current rate of Euros to HKD is 1:12 so...), seen the nicest buildings, art pieces, paintings, interiors, clothes, people ever.

That pretty much concludes my trip. Shallow I know, but I'm really not in for writing anything of a greater depth atm, not while my head's still drillo-drowsy from the plane ride >< I promise more photo updates later.

-Bee <3

1 comment:

梁奕 said...

Interesting story with nice photo... hope to see more photo for this trip... besides, what camera you use for this time?