Sunday 31 January 2010




In a conversation with a guy friend on the topic of a girl he didn't manage to get,
I said:
"i think it's only like a ...psychological reaction
*the more yo uthink about it > the more you like her sort of thing...
when in fact her actual presence
doesn't inspire that much thought."

I rethink it now, realising that's actually happened on me a whole lot of times,
and happening.

So in fact, love is a game we play, and the satisfaction we get of winning someone, then gaining their long term affection, is what satisfies us.
In the end, the 'affection' is founded up on a bubble,
just like one that was recently crushed during the recession,
looking bigger than it really is.

I think, until this mentality of mine would mature, change,
this is stopping me from getting a partner.
Not that this itself reveals unattractive traits,
but god's watching and peering down, thinking
it's not yet a suitable time.

B.

No comments: