Wednesday 6 January 2010

Love&Addiction

It is a cliché, to have mentioned in a post from a while back that life is about experiencing things beyond the bubble of security but I'm about to diss people for exposing their life and health to unnecessary risks?

This was our first few months apart, people from highschool,
and whether we were the best of friends or sworn enemies during school life,
nonetheless, we've watched each other throughout some most drastic 7 years of change, growth, and maturity. And then one day you realise these very people are now potheads, smokers, druggies...

I don't know,
I've always had such a strong (negative) reaction towards anything substance-abusive;
It's ugly for a person's desires to be controlled by a substance,
for a person to get rid of all their will just to gain possession of whatever they're hooked onto,
for a person to... live in a state similar to that of the living dead.

Perhaps because at a young age, my parents have already told me about my weak determination when it comes to temptationsl, in other words, I must get what I want or I'll feel uncomfortable all over, I've told myself that it was necessary that this strong hatred towards the issue prevails onwards, otherwise I won't last very long.

So much that I've even sworn-off Shisha-ing after my first time.

If ever, my new years wishes, besides looking forward to world peace would be for people to stop getting into drugs, especially freshers who've just landed beyond the grasp of the parents;
embrace, but don't abuse the new freedom!

x

B.


No comments: